book

Roger C. KENDRICK kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
Thu Apr 15 15:32:05 EDT 1999

Hi Stacy,

For moths in general, try Scoble, M.J., 1992 "Lepidoptera: Form, Function and
Diversity", OUP / Natural History Museum, London.
For Sphingidae you have plenty to choose from. D'Abrera treats the world fauna
in "Sphingidae Mundi" (1986) (although there are some errors). For the USA
there is the Sphingid volume in the series on Moths of North America (author &
date not to hand, but I guess someone else out on the net should help here),
for the Western Palaearctic see Tony Pittaway's volume (Hawkmoths of the
Western Palaearctic, Harley Books, Colchester, U.K. and website). There are
also recent volumes covering Thailand, Borneo and China. These last four are
cited on my own website's main page (references) section.

hope this helps,

regards,

Roger.

--
Roger C. KENDRICK
  Demonstrator / Ph.D. Student
  mailto:kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk

mailing address:
  Kadoorie Agricultural Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong
  Lam Kam Road, Shek Kong, Yuen Long, New Territories, HONG KONG

Hong Kong Moths website coordinator
  http://web.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm

HK Lepidoptera Group webmaster (English version)
  http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/