Spring Zebra Swallowtail Sightings

Dan Chaffee dchaffee at gvi.net
Fri Apr 16 01:29:16 EDT 1999

>I am interested in hearing of Spring Zebra Swallowtail (Eurytides
>marcellus) sightings from Ohio and Michigan..

Well,  I live just north of Kansas City, Mo.,so I don't qualify --but
to whom it may concern, I saw the first Zebra swallowtail April 11.
Marcellus is quite common here, just outside of the city proper.

For what it's worth, the swallowtails I see in my yard during
Summer are, in order of abundance: Giant, Tiger ( females
mostly dark), Zebra, Black, pipevine and uncommonly---
Spicebush.

Dan Chaffee