zebra longwing

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Mon Apr 19 21:47:01 EDT 1999

My bet is that these bugs were released in California. We have plenty of
them where I am; they chain to sleep outside my bedroom window
sometimes.
They are easily raised in captivity.
When a butterfly is easy to buy,and host plants are easily found and
grown, the conclusion is predictable.
Logic does require a third inclusive premise ... perhaps that people
love to grow and release beautiful butterflies.
 Since you ask.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida
Mistress of the Undistributed Middle.