Early UK moths

Roger C. KENDRICK kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
Tue Apr 20 03:30:33 EDT 1999

A.P.K.Torry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A colleague of mine reported to me that he found a perfect example of Mimas
> Tiliae (The Lime Hawk Moth) on his garden fence this morning, is this a
> record I ask myself. I have some in pupae in captivity and they are showing
> no signs of emerging yet.
>
> Andrew

 In 1992 (a particularly good year for "early" records) I recorded this species
in the first week of April in the W.Midlands.

regards,

Roger.

--
Roger C. KENDRICK
  Demonstrator / Ph.D. Student
  mailto:kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk

mailing address:
  Kadoorie Agricultural Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong
  Lam Kam Road, Shek Kong, Yuen Long, New Territories, HONG KONG

Hong Kong Moths website coordinator
  http://web.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm

HK Lepidoptera Group webmaster (English version)
  http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/

HK Lepidopterists' Society (English version) [NEW]
  http://members.xoom.com/hkls/
  (may be redesignated to http://www.hkls.com)
  (and will eventually replace the HKLG site)