Admirals and Painted Lady Names

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Mon Aug 9 09:02:16 EDT 1999

While a Painted Lady is indeed of military interest, it refers to a lady
of easy virtue. Given that many of the British butterflies are plain
brown bugs to the unloving eye, the Painted Lady stands out.
Yes, yes, I noticed the Peacock and the Tortoiseshell. So does
everybody.
Anne Kilmer
back in sunny Florida