evolution in KS

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 13 10:39:50 EDT 1999

  Science is knowledge based on our interpretation of our observations.
Prediction enters when we test scientific knowledge for validity in the
face of subsequent observations. Valid scientific knowledge may falsely
fail in the face of bad interpretation of bad subsequent observations.
  Unfortunately in our project-funded climate of prioritized useful science
we have confused applied science or engineering and medicine, with science
or basic research. Evolution will not be the only casualty of this
intellectual shortsightedness.
...........Chris Durden