Plants/flowers to attract butterflies

Vcharny at aol.com Vcharny at aol.com
Sat Aug 21 09:20:13 EDT 1999

<< I would definitely plan my garden
around the Butterfly Bushes, which are an attractive bush anyway and bloom all
summer.>>

I would add Lantana - it is also very attractive bush and bloom from spring
to fall.
Aspecially the kind with orange and yellow.  I have two of this bushes next
to two Butterfly Bushes and see that Lantana is much more preferable.
Yesterday during lunch time I saw 15 Pipevine Swallowtails, half dozen Fiery
Skippers, Long-tail Skipper and American Lady - all on two Lantana bushes
simultaneously.

However I am not good in gardening and do not know where it grow well.
I see that it is very drought resistant.

Vitaly Charny,
Birmingham, AL