Caterpillar Identification

BC Al alwiensc at pgonline.com
Tue Aug 24 22:06:58 EDT 1999

Hello all

I am a forester who lives in the central interior of British Columbia,
Canada, specifically in Prince George.
On a field trip today I came across a unique looking caterpillar.

The caterpillar was munching away on a Ribes sp. leave and has the following
description.

It is basically a light green caterpillar and has a green head with black
stripes. Each section of the body has a black stripe on it interrupted by
bright orange dots.

I have searched around my identification books but have been unable to id
this fellow.

Any help in it's id would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Al Wiensczyk
alwiensc at pgonline.com