Science and creationism

Bela A. Nagy bnagy at wwdc.com
Thu Aug 26 02:53:18 EDT 1999

To all,

If you believe in CREATIONISM:

I am looking to purchase or trade for some _Limenitis archippus
floridensis_. These specimens will be used to show my students that God
painted them brown, in Florida, to look like the Queen in order to test
disbelievers.

If you believe in SCIENCE (evolution):

I am looking to purchase or trade for some _Limenitis archippus
floridensis_. These specimens will be used to illustrate natural selection
by showing my students how wing color, in a palatable species, can be
affected in different areas by the presence of different models (Monarch in
the north & Queen in Florida).

Yes I am sucking up to both sides,  This illustrates how badly I want to
get my hands on some Florida viceroys.  Any info on where I could purchase
some would be most appreciated

In the event you interpret the above request as an expression of belief I
will follow Doug's lead & add:

(standard disclaimer: opinions are mine, not TVDBE's)

Béla

                   *** - this entomologist loves being bugged - ***

Mr. Béla  A. Nagy
Head of Science
H. B. Beal Secondary School 		email:	bnagy at wwdc.com
525 Dundas Street, London		Voice:	519 452-2700
Ontario, Canada.  N6B 1W5		Fax:  	519 452-2729

Visit me at:   http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/7711/