Day flying moths

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Fri Aug 27 10:08:35 EDT 1999

>From casual observance, heck, yes.
I'm counting all those little scapers that frequent grass blades;
there's a slew of them.
(For you babelfish users, read Pogo; it will improve your English.)
We have very selective vision; we see what we want to see. Therefore,
after spending a while with this very entertaining hobby/lifestyle, one
begins seeing butterfly eggs on cannas as one speeds past at a fast
walk.
I wonder if anyone has devised a study for this phenomenon.
Since the difference between butterflies and moths is more aesthetic
than scientific, it will be interesting to see who knows, and why they
know, the answer to this question.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida