Please identify these moth larvae, if possible

Mike Canzoneri mjc at eden.com
Tue Feb 2 20:40:39 EST 1999

Thanks to Dr. Adams for getting us an ID on that moth larva (Seirarctia
echo).  Thanks also to the efforts of everyone who responded to my post.

My friend, Glenn Fried from Miami, has been running across quite a few
moth larvae he doesn't recognize....mostly in and around Everglades
National Park and some of the hammocks and pinelands around Dade
County.  The texts he has available just aren't that comprehensive, so I
put out a website with photographs he's taken of these larvae.  We'd
sure appreciate any assistance we could get on identifying these
things.  Anyone interested can see the images at:

http://greenfield.fortunecity.com/rattler/193/virtualmoth.html

Thanks again to everyone (you folks are great!),
Mike Canzoneri

** I really wouldn't mind a tiger or a lion  **
** But you can take your plain old cat.      **
** And all your kitty litter                 **
** And cans of chopped liver                 **
** And throw 'em in a gunny sack.            **
** I hate cats.                              **
** Harry Waller - from "I Hate Cats"         **