butterfly papered specimens

SK Khew khewsk at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 03:46:32 EST 1999

I wish you wouldn't use butterfly wings for "art".  It usually results
in wanton killing for an unjustified cause.  There have been long drawn
debates on the collecting/killing versus conservation issue on this
leps-list.  Yours is definitely one case that would not receive much
support on this list.

Using killed butterflies for "art" is something that would probably hurt
the population of any species, no matter how abundant they may be at the
moment.

Please reconsider your intention to use real butterflies in the name of
art.

Just my 2 cents' worth.