Butterfly for Nabokov film

Serge Gregory benjy at blarg.net
Sun Feb 21 07:40:52 EST 1999

I am a Seattle filmmaker making a short film based on a story by Vladimir Nabokov
called "Christmas."  In the story an Attacus moth miraculously emerges in the middle of
winter and flies around a room. To film this scene I'm looking for a large butterfly or
moth that I can obtain live in March or April, possibly a Luna moth, a silkworm moth or
swallowtail--the most important factors are size and availability to be shipped to Seattle.
Can anyone provide suggestions?  Or perhaps refer me to a University of Washington
entomologist with whom I can consult?  Please email your response. Thank you.
Serge Gregory
Seattle, Washington