Noctua pronuba in USA

Jonathan Sylvestre Jonathan.Sylvestre at residences.ulaval.ca
Thu Jan 14 22:37:16 EST 1999

Dear Jo

I agree that pronuba is a very prolific species... This "new" problem
preoccupy me... Maybe this moth will enter in competition with other moths
or insects... I don't know which host plant this species "use" here, in
North America, but maybe this plant will suffer...I don't think that this
species is toxic or don't eaten by predator but the population of this
species increase rapidly. In the particularly hot summer we had here, in
1998, These moth were everywhere... The cold winter here not seem to be a
barrier... if you find any information, let me know...
If anyone have an opinion about that, IM sure that everybody would like to
hear it...

thank

<369e8bbb.1536480 at netnews.worldnet.att.net>...