Fw: Monarchs

Jim Mason jmason at ink.org
Fri Jan 15 15:09:26 EST 1999

With Jonathan's permission, I am forwarding this to the list.  If anyone
would like to respond (directly to Jonathan, please!) I am sure he would
appreciate hearing from you.  His attention to detail with the scientific
process is quite remarkable for a high school freshman.

The main threads seem to be:
El Nino vs. Monarchs in 1998,
what exactly goes on during metamorphosis in the pupa,
the gold dots on a Monarch chrysalis and
the "ideal" range of environmental conditions for pupation.

Jim Mason
jemason at msn.com