Illustrated MOTH Checklist

Thomas, Tony tthomas at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Jan 27 10:21:40 EST 1999

Hi Everyone:
	We have just added a further 14 images to the Fundy National Park,
New Brunswick, Canada, checklist. The total now stands at 134 images.
Today's images include 2 geometrids, 1 tiger-moth, and 11 owlet moths.
Several of these are not illustrated in Covell (1984) or are illustrated in
Covell in B&W.
	The checklist numbers are those in Hodges et al. Check List of the
Lepidoptera North of Mexico.

	# 6725 Euchlaena muzaria; not illustrated in Covell but is similar
to the more southern Obtuse Euchlaena
	# 7182 Dysstroma citrata; not illustrated in Covell. The commonest
"Carpet" in Fundy Park and similar in appearance to the
Marbled Carpet in Covell.
	# 8090 Painted Lichen Moth (Hypoprepia fucosa). This image shows the
characteristic yellow borders on the fore wings which 			are
not obvious in the image in my copy of Covell (Plate 12, 2).
	# 9229 Speared Dagger Moth (Acronicta hasta); illustrated in B&W in
Covell.
	# 9237 Interrupted Dagger Moth (Acronicta interrupta); illustrated
in B&W in Covell.
	# 9238 Lobelia Dagger Moth (Acronicta lobeliae); illustrated in B&W
in Covell.
	# 9241 Fragile Dagger Moth (Acronicta fragilis); illustrated in B&W
in Covell.
	# 9249 ? Acronicta increta. Possibly the same species as the Unclear
Dagger Moth (Acronicta inclara) illustrated in B&W in 		Covell. I
welcome any suggestions about the name of our northern beasts.
	# 9257 Yellow-haired Dagger Moth (Acronicta impleta); illustrated in
B&W in Covell.
	# 9326 Apamea verbascoides; not in Covell
	# 9909 Lithophane tepida; not in Covell but similar to Bailey's
Pinion which is illustrated in B&W in Covell.
	# 9928 Lithophane thaxteri; not in Covell.
	# 10301 Spiramater lutra; not in Covell.
	# 10372 Snaky Arches (Lacinipolia anguina); illustrated in B&W in
Covell.

Tony

Dr. A.W. Thomas
Research Scientist
Canadian Forest Service - Atlantic Forestry Centre
Natural Resources Canada
PO Box 4000, Stn. A
Fredericton, NB
E3B 5P7

 e-mail: tthomas at nrcan.gc.ca
'phone (506) 452-3523
FAX (506) 452-3525

Giant Silkmoth website:
http://atl.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/fbn/md/family_e.html

Illustrated Checklist of Fundy National Park Moths website:
http://atl.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/fbn/md/family-s_e.html