Help-Unidenified moth ova

Cris Guppy & Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Mon Jul 5 01:03:51 EDT 1999

Egg laying by moths in traps is very common. I doubt that anyone could ID
them to species, although someone more knowledgeable than I could certainly
ID them to family and possibly genus (if anyone like that is reading
leps-l). The strategy I have used in the past is to place the eggs in a
container with samples of every type of plant in the area that I can find.
Most of the time when they hatch the larvae will find something they like,
even though it may not be what they normally eat. (At this time of year the
eggs are likely, but not certainly, to hatch within 2 weeks, later in the
year the eggs may not hatch until next spring). Good luck!