Iphiclides podalirius and Zerynthia rumina

Nigel Venters venters at iinteralpha.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 14:05:07 EDT 1999

Sofie,
Can I suggest that your friend chooses Zerynthia polxena or Z. cerisy if he
intends to breed? Z rumina is a finicky feeder and is happy on Aristolchia
baetica, A longa, A rotunda & A. pistolochia (Western European Aristolochia
species) but refuses Aristolochia debilis the main Japanese Aristolochia
available. Zerynthia polyxena, Z. cerisy &  Archon apollinus on the other
hand will take A. debilis.
Nigel

Sofie Vandewoestijne <Vandewoestijne at ecol.ucl.ac.be> wrote in article
<3.0.6.32.19990706160623.00798690 at mail.ecol.ucl.ac.be>...