Texas Butterfly Festival

Mike Quinn mqnature at hiline.net
Tue Jul 6 15:27:28 EDT 1999

>I am considering attending the Texas Butterfly Festival
>this October in Mission, TX.  I am wondering if it is worth
>the trip from Ohio and taking time off work.  I would greatly
>appreciate any feedback from previous years' festivals.  Please
>respond to my email address.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

I'm so glad you asked, because we just got our web page together!!! Last
year's festival was a blast (see the link to John and Gloria Tveten's
comments below).

It gives me great pleasure to announce:

The 4th Annual Texas Butterfly Festival - http://www.TexasButterfly.com
October 22, 23, 24, 1999 - Mission, Texas in the Lower Rio Grande Valley

Nationally known speakers will include Robert Michael Pyle, John Acorn, and
John and Gloria Tveten. Field trips will visit a diversity of habitats. The
timing of our festival coincides with the peak in diversity and abundance
of butterflies in the Rio Grande Valley.

Complete list of speakers and field trips:
http://www.TexasButterfly.com/events.html

Here's what John and Gloria Tveten had to say about last year's festival in
their weekly column written for the Houston Chronicle:
http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabast/tveten1.html

This festival is co-sponsored by our local NABA - South Texas Chapter:
http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabast/index.html

To be put on a mailing list for the Texas Butterfly Festival,
please call or write to Shawn Withington at:
1-800-580-2700 / mission at missionchamber.com
220 East 9th Street, Mission, TX 78572

There will also be an exciting post-festival field trip to the
Rancho del Cielo Biosphere Reserve area in southern Tamaulipas, Mexico
led by ¡Vamonos! Nature Tours. For details please contact
Michael Delesantro at <mdele at worldnet.att.net> <956-969-8610>
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/2240/fwmxschd.htm

For a look at current butterfly happenings in the Texas, please visit the
archives of the TX-Butterfly Listserv:
http://www.audubon.org/listserv/tx-butterfly.html

Mission, Texas is the future home of the NABA Butterfly Park:
http://naba.org/nababp.html

Mission is also the future home of the World Birding Center:
http://www.worldbirdcenter.com/

Thanks for your interest, Mike Quinn, Rio Grande Valley