Milkweed

Mothman617 mothman617 at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 21:12:33 EDT 1999

Try behind Sandpoint Naval base along Lake Washington. This is the only place I
have seen Milkweed grow in the Pacific Northwest and it was back in the late
1980,s. I had collected some nice P. rutulus, P. zelicaon and P. eurymedon at
this spot. I live in Massachusetts and several varieties of Milkweed grow in
abundance here. The fragrant blossoms attract multitudes of butterflies by day
and moths by night especially Sphingidae. And of course Monarch caterpillars by
the hundreds. If you plan a trip to New England in the near future I would be
happy to be your guide.