Weird eggs around my house

Jim jkrogerSPAM_FILTER at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 14 01:04:10 EDT 1999

I have suddenly in the last day or so noticed these little football shaped,
dark brown seed-like eggs, very hard. They are glued to the wall, lampshade,
etc. Near each is a smaller light brown, or light reddish brown, globe-like
seed. The small one kind of looks like a sesame seed or a tomato seed. The
larger hard dark brown one looks very much like a baby football. It seems
obvious that some kind of bug has laid lots of eggs in my  house all of
a sudden, but this is wierd and I don't know what it could be. I am in
the country in New Jersey and have LOTS of bugs around here, many of
which get in the house. I'm most concerned this might be moth eggs which
might eat my mom's and grandmother's quilts. Most anything else I can
handle but would like to know about.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
Jim