"Fascist" countries

Mike Soukup mikayak at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 29 15:48:49 EDT 1999

I didn't post any inflammatory comments.  Did I personally "flame"
someone?  Did I insult someone?  Since when is expressing
dissatisfaction with the direction one's country is taking
"inflammatory"?   Oh, yeah that's right....dissention isn't allowed in a
totalitarianism.

I realize this is NOT a political website.  It is a scientific based web
site.  But, what I said was nothing more than a minor jab at the
over-regulating, privacy-itruding government and it's rules and
regulations that I live with everyday.  And, if you think science and
politics are separate entities....well.....

And, many of these rules, although theoretically created for "good
reasons", are nothing more than a over-reaching government's attempt to
control it's citizens.  Thomas Jefferson and the other founders of this
country would now be considered "right-wing wackos" with radical ideas
and would be demonized by the press and villified by the
government....when all they wanted was to live as free men.  Well, some
of us STILL believe in the constitution and the right to live our lives
as free men.  And I will stand up for those rights.

If stating my beliefs about my government is now considered
"inflammatory"...well, you pretty much proved my first assertion.  We
are being taken over by the thought police.  If it gets me banned from
the list, so be it.  I'm willing to stand up for what I say and I'm
willing to take resposibility for it.  And, as most listers know, I
contribute more here than I take away.  I consider that my duty.

I'm just a man who loves the USA and is VERY afraid about the direction
it is taking.

PS.  I have "bug friends" in almost every country in the world.  I don't
CARE what politics thier country has.  BUT I CARE ABOUT MINE!
--
Mike Soukup
mikayak at ix.netcom.com
Web Page => http://pw1.netcom.com/~mikayak