4,000 Monarchs to be Released at Shopping Mall Grand Opening in Atlanta, Aug 13.

Paul Cherubini paulcher at concentric.net
Sat Jul 31 17:46:20 EDT 1999

Company Press Release

Simon Celebrates Grand Opening of Mall of Georgia

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 30,1999--Simon Property Group Inc., the nation's
largest mall owner and manager, today announced plans for Mall of Georgia's three-day
grand opening celebration beginning August 13, 1999.

Simon will welcome visitors with free concerts, prize giveaways, a butterfly launch and
fireworks display.

``Our celebration will launch the largest shopping and entertainment destination in the
Southeast,'' said Shari Simon, vice president of corporate marketing for Simon Property
Group. ``We invite everyone in the Atlanta area to join us for a memorable, festive
weekend-- truly an event to tell the
grandchildren about.''

The weekend festivities begin at 9:30 a.m., Friday, August 13, with a spectacular butterfly
launch coinciding with the official ribbon-cutting ceremony. The moment the ribbon is cut,
4,000 Monarch butterflies will be released into the Nature Park adjacent to the mall. Mall of
Georgia officially opens to shoppers at 10:00 a.m.