Odd chitinases

Kambiz Mousavi kmousavi at uottawa.ca
Tue Jun 1 15:31:52 EDT 1999

I just read your letter and I think that you might be able to help me. I am
looking for information on chitinase activity (where is it found in the
lepidopterans?) and also on the pH of the concerned digestive  compartment . I
need this information for my molecular evolution project on digestive enzyme
adaptation to high pH. It seems that chitinases doesn't follow the same pattern
as the other digestive enzymes.

Thank You
Jean-Simon Diallo, University of Ottawa
jsdiallo at yahoo.com