native Lepidoptera

Elizabeth De edenardo at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 09:38:05 EDT 1999

Dear Subscriber,

I am currently working on a project with the objective of "Elaborating
Protocols to Assess the Risks to Non Targets from Exotic Biological
Control Agents (Parasiotids) Candidates for introduction."
In order to predict the host range of the parasitic in the area of
introduction we need to conduct experiments with non-target species
that are native to the area (North America)
Because of this I am looking for information about species of
Lepidoptera which are NATIVE to North America and which are easy to
collect or buy and also easy to maintain under Laboratory conditions
(artificial media)
Any information regarding suppliers or from people that are rearing or
have had experience rearing these species will be appreciated.
I am specifically interested in obtaining larvae of the following
families: Pyralidae, Lymantriidae, Noctuiidae and  Nymphalidae. They
could have the pest or beneficial status.
Could anyone help?
Thank you very much for your help
Yours,
Elizabeth

===

Elizabeth De Nardo
Embrapa Meio Ambiente- Brasil
Laboratorio de Quarentena ACB
http://www.bdt.org.br/bdt/biocontrol/
Current Address:OARDC/OSU Dept.of Entomology
1680, Madison Avenue-WOOSTER -OH 44691