ID Kenyan skipper

Nigel Venters venters at iinteralpha.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 13:48:41 EDT 1999

Stanley,
Thank you for this mail, I know African Danaus chrysippus very well having
lived in Africa for 10 years. Danaus chrysippus occurs in 4 principle forms
in Africa (Some intermediates also) They are D.c. chrysippus... with black
and white markings on wing tips & orange hindwing.    D.c.
alcippus....black and white marking on wing tips but large white patch on
hindwing.   D.c. dorippus....Orange forewing, no black and white spots and
orange hindwing... (Note underside may also indicate suggestion of white)
This was the specimen photographed. and finally D.c. albinus... Orange
forewing & large white patch on hindwing... (This shows through underside
very strongly)
Hope this helps clear this matter up.
Nigel

Stanley Cabigas <juwaki at pacific.net.ph> wrote in article
<000101beb0ea$7b8c9840$26f717d2 at kilimanjaro>...