Names for butterflies

Gary Anweiler gganweiler at sprint.ca
Wed Jun 9 19:52:42 EDT 1999

Perhaps we could all do a bit more to emulate the marvelous Skipper
taxonomist/systematist (whatever) - John Burns - who had the good will and
courage to name one of his new species just that -  Cephise nuspesez -
which not only sounds good  but guess how you pronounce the generic name ?.
 I don't believe it has a commoner name.  But with that kind of attitude
and fun - who cares !  The mere fact that he was able to get this published
gives me hope.  There is intelligent life out there !!!

Thank you John Burns, for this and other moments of lightness.

Gary Anweiler - lover of lightness, Edmonton Alberta, Canada