Callosamia promethia foodplants...

Citheronia at aol.com Citheronia at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 21:17:48 EDT 1999

Hello all!

Thank you to those who gave suggestions about obtaining P. modesta ova. I did
have her in a bag, but didn't see any eggs. I guess all it needed was time,
since now there are a few dozen ova in there!

So now here's another question. Last night I captured a female C. promethia
at my UV light, and put her in a cage. At this moment there is a male on the
outside of the cage mating with her. I would like to know what the absolute
best foodplants to use for the ova would be. Let me know what plants you have
used in the past that had a high success rate.

 Thank you all very much,

Randy Lyttle