Western U.S.A. Monarch Sightings Requested by Researcher

Donald A. Davis donald.davis at utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 11 02:41:52 EDT 1999

Meron Zalucki calling here from Riverside!

I have a request for you.  I am chasing information on sighting records
for monarchs in the western USA(the states of California, Oregon,
Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho,
Wyoming, Colorado and Montana - I hope I haven't forgotten any States!)

What I would really like are sightings of adults (hopefully confirmed by

netting), and records of breeding (eggs, immatures on milkweed)detailed
by
site and date(month, year).  The site data has to be sufficiently
detailed
to locate on a map so I can get latitude and longtitude and an
altitude.  I
will use this information to test a bioclimatic model for monarch
distribution and abundance I have developed in Australia (you might
remember
I spoke about this in Morelia).

If folks are interested in providing the information, they can send it
me at:

Assoc Prof Myron P. Zalucki
Department of Zoology and Entomology
The University of Queensland
Brisbane 4072 Australia

or email me on:  M.Zalucki at mailbox.uq.edu.au

or fax on +(61) 7 3365 1922

All information will be acknowledged and is greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Meron

Meron can be reached during the next two weeks via
Christopher Hanlon

Chris Hanlon <cchanlon at ucrac1.ucr.edu

University of California, Riverside
Dept. of Entomology