Sun dusted one

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 13 23:32:56 EDT 1999

  At one point we had some vocal 60-year rulers, but now most of them have
died out. It always seemed a bit presumptious for someone to assume that
his 60 years of science should carry more weight than his predecessors. I
have championed strict priority for years, figuring that this is a fair way
of settling name changes once and for all, even if once in a while a
forgotten publication resurfaces. Isn't that an awful thought - a forgotten
publication. I fear we shall see more and more of these as our libraries
archive books and journals not used in the last year.
..........Chris Durden