Sphingidae for trade

Bruce Walsh jbwalsh at u.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 17 11:18:36 EDT 1999

As part of building up our reference collection on North American
Sphingidae and
Saturniidae, I am looking to trade various SE Arizona species for other
North American species.  The collecting season is just about to start, so
let me know what you want, and what you have to offer.

Examples of fairly easy to obtain species include:

Rustic sphinx (Manduca rustica )
Muscosa sphinx (Manduca muscosa
Florestan sphinx (Manduca florestan )
Doll's sphinx (Sphinx dollii )
One-eyed sphinx (Smerinthus cerisyi )
Salicet sphinx (Smerinthus saliceti )
Small-eyed sphinx (Paonias myops)
Big poplar sphinx (Pachysphinx occidentalis)
Typhon sphinx (Eumorpha typhon)
Falcon sphinx (Xylophanes falco)
Great ash sphinx (Sphinx chersis )
Sonoran sphinx (Ceratomia sonorensis )

Oculea silkmoth (Antheraea oculea)
Cecrops eyed silkmoth (Automeris cecrops panima)
Western Imperial (Eacles oslari)
Splendid royal moth (Citheronia splendens)
Hubbard's small silkmoth (Sphingicampa hubbardi)

As always, figures of these species can be found at

Arizona Moths page: http://nitro.biosci.arizona.edu/zeeb/butterflies/mothl
ist.html

Cheers

Bruce