Collecting anything and future nature interest

Nigel Venters venters at iinteralpha.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 17:31:36 EDT 1999

Yes, yes, but crap comparison! Birds lay rather few eggs.... butterflies
mostly hundreds of ova! also birds = difficult to breed! (Most rare breeds)
Butterflies (most breeds) = not too difficult! So the bottom line is breed
rare butterfly species.... make the livestock available.... and by this
action protect the wild stock! I was amused to see last year in the
national press the usual nonsense from UK  Butterfly conservation about how
they must protect the high brown fritillary (Argynnis adippe) from
collectors... when this species is so easy to breed you could buy 12 ova
captive bred ova for less than a gallon of petrol! Why would anyone need to
collect them?
Nigel

Andy Harmer <xcj80 at dial.pipex.com> wrote in article
<7l12ft$s4c$1 at lure.pipex.net>...