The Dominican Republic

butrfly at epix.net butrfly at epix.net
Wed Mar 10 05:10:38 EST 1999

To All
	I have just spent the most interesting week of my life in the
Dominican Republic. I learned of, cave dwelling butterflies and even
petroglyphs of a heliconia and bettles. One species of lep becomes a
subspecies with every 5 meters of elevation. If anyone is interested in
the butterflies of Hispaniola, live, papered, or planning a trip to the D.R.
You should contact Julian De La Rosa. He is by far the most gracious host
and the most interesting person I have ever met. I feel that I learned more
about entomology in one week than I have learned in the past 20 years.
You could contact Julian at j.delarosa at codetel.net.do

Rick Mikula