Species differences

Stanley L. Cabigas juwaki at mozcom.com
Thu Mar 18 10:39:13 EST 1999

I have two species of satyrid butterflies, Mycalesis ita and Mycalesis
felderi from the Philippines. My problem is that I really don't know the
differences between the two as these species are almost the same. There
really are not enough resources that I can refer to with regards these
species. What complicates matters is that I have specimens coming from the
islands of Luzon, Negros, Bohol, and Mindanao, and these islands have their
own subspecies.

Is there anyone out there who could help me with this? By the way, I'm a
local butterfly enthusiast here.

Stanley
juwaki at mozcom.com