Quino checkerspot butterfly

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Mon Mar 22 15:15:35 EST 1999

Fred brings up a very good point.  Just like making the blanket statement
that _all butterflies are disappearing_ has caused unjustified prejudice
against those of us who capture and (gulp) kill certain specimens, becoming
a perpetual nuisance to all development in the name of saving a bug will
undoubtedly create intolerance for those who support butterfly habitat
preservation.

This represents the worst nightmare for people like me - who are hated both
because we are heartless enough to murder innocent living creatures, and
also because we're sick enough to love the same creatures so much that we
place their needs above the needs of human beings.

I hope there are butterflies in heaven.  I'm pretty sure there will be.

Mark Walker