Ephysteris silignitis

Rodney Collins collinr at prose.dpi.qld.gov.au
Tue Mar 23 21:48:11 EST 1999

Does anyone have or know of information about Ephysteris silignitis
(Turner); Gelechiidae, Gelechinae. I'm interested in finding out more about
life cycle, ecology etc. As far as I can find out, it is confined to
Australia and other members of this genus have been described previously.
We noted larvae present in stems of wheat last Winter, boring up through
the centre of the stem resulting in dead heads throughout the crop, but at
low levels. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rod Collins
Queensland Department of Primary Industries.
Biloela, Queensland, Australia.

--
Views and options expressed are my own and do not represent the
views and opions of my employer