butterfly race/count

Andrea Hoffmann hoffmann at singnet.com.sg
Wed Mar 24 08:48:24 EST 1999

uh...i'm terribly sorry for causing a bit of a misunderstanding here.

i was thinking of a butterfly count. you set up teams, and within a certain
period of time you have to count all the species you encounter. the team
who has counted most species is the winner. are there any guidelines for
such a race/count somewhere? are there any variations possible? like giving
a bonus for identifying/finding caterpillars, etc... ?

thanks for all the suggestions so far. keep them rolling in, i am grateful
for all your input. :)

andrea :)