What is the status of Zebra Swallowtail in Michigan

Roger Kuhlman rkuhlman at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:59:37 EST 1999

I wonder if anyone knows the current status of Zebra Swallowtail
(Eurytides marcellus) populations in SE or southern Michigan. I have
heard of historic records of the butterfly in Washtenaw, Monroe, and
Lenawee counties within the last 15 to 30 years. I wonder if there are
any confirmed recent sightings in the last five years for these same
counties.

Zebra Swallowtails, I believe, can be found regularly in low numbers in
some SW Michigan counties. If anyone has information about the species'
population trends, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3-26-99