Beautiful Beetles Exhibition at Derby, England

Bill Grange billgrange at billgrange.demon.co.uk
Sat May 1 03:02:43 EDT 1999

'Beautiful Beetles' Exhibition at Derby Museum, England

This Exhibition, at Derby Museum and Art Gallery, the Strand, Derby
(Tel. 01332 716659) is now open - until 19th June.

It is a comparatively small show but, like a beetle itself, is
beautifully formed! It comprises some basic beetle facts, a look at some
of the more spectacular species from all over the world, and a
consideration of the relationships of beetles and people - from beetle
pests and conservation issues to beetles in art and literature. The
basic intention was to share my enthusiasm for this wonderful group with
the general public, and so far I have been very pleased with the
reaction. One twelve year old girl wasn't too happy, though, as she
expected to see a show all about John, Paul, George and Ringo!

Admission to the Museum and the show is free and we are open all week
except Sundays - though we may be so shortly.

--
Bill Grange