Aggressiveness in leps

John Lane johnlane at nccn.net
Sat May 1 01:53:14 EDT 1999

Thoughtful consideration (or better, reconsideration) of "agressiveness" in
butterflies predates Scott.  I recall, as secretary pro tempore, at a Pacific
Slope Section meeting of the Lepidopterists' Society held at Santa Barbara,
California in 1966 a paper by C. Don MacNeill, entitled, "Just How Tough Are
Butterflies, Anyway?" which made the same point.

John Lane
johnlane at nccn.net