What is this moth -> Indian Meal Moth + Carpet Beatle?

CraiginNJ ~UseNameForPrefix~ at att.net
Tue May 11 20:09:17 EDT 1999

On Tue, 11 May 1999 21:16:02 GMT, ~UseNameForPrefix~@att.net
(CraiginNJ) wrote:

>What is the moth & larva in the attached .gif images?

The local exterminator just identified these as being
two separate pest problems:
	Indian Meal Moths and
	Carpet Beatles (the larve).
Images in his reference book looked right.

CraiginNJ

PS -- FWI, Indian Meal Moths apparently need a food
source (e.g. grains or something).  I don't see any sign
of them near my food (which is only in the kitchen,
and almost everything is bagged).  It's strange that
the moths have mainly been at the other end of the
condominium, and today was the first time I found one
in the kitchen.  Maybe there's some food debris under
the oven along with about 15 years of dust.

As far as the carpet beatles are concerned, I haven't
seen any (maybe one or two), vs. dozens of carpet
beatle larve.  It's all a little strange -- given the numbers
I would have thought the larve and moths were related,
but it seems not.