Net length

Esther Cornelius JayAndEstherC at webtv.net
Fri May 28 18:08:58 EDT 1999

I preferr long handle nets too, but those commercial nets swing like
baseball bats. So this is my secret weight formula for space age
construction:
A graphite or fiberglass handle cut from an ocean fishing pole, & a hoop
made from 1/8 X 5/16 aluminum bar stock from a hardware store ( I once
weighed a 'small size' plastic hoola hoop cut to 15 in. dia. and found
it lighter than said aluminum but it needs additional brackets to
connect to the handle).
Fiberglass packing tape to fasten the hoops 'tines ?' to the handle,
fiberglass is strong & light but the sun eats up the celophane backing
so cover- wrap it with 1 layer of black electric tape.
Bill Cornelius