BISTON BETULARIA

John Grehan jrg13 at psu.edu
Tue Nov 23 21:00:06 EST 1999

Mark Walker wrote

 In my case, however, I am not swayed from accepting
>the account that the Creator was able to perform the task in just 7 earth
>days - and acted in a very deliberate manner.

OK, this is a separate issue and a matter of personal belief, in which case
the experimental evidence has no relevance at all.

 Furthermore, I've seen
>nothing in my most humble observations of creation that would suggest or
>demand that zillions of years have necessarily taken place since the origin
>of the universe.

As a personal view this is perfectly valid, just as some would claim that
nothing in observation would demand that the earth is not flat.

 In fact, it is only with awe (emphasis on the
>pronunciation of this word that cases ones jaw to drop to the floor) that I
>can observe anything within the natural world at all - an utter awe that
>always puts me in my proper position relative to my ability to understand
>anything at all.

Whether awe or amazement or curiousity, we probably all agree that
moths and butterflies are a great way to interact with our experience of
the natural world.

John Grehan