Identification of an unknown Australian moth

Andrew Mitchell am16 at ualberta.ca
Sat Nov 27 21:16:30 EST 1999

It's a day-flying geometrid, Dysphania sp. To me it looks identical to
D.fenestrata, illustrated in I.F.B. Common's Moths of Australia (plate 11),
but apparently there are a few similar looking species in the genus.

Andrew Mitchell

>Hi,
>
>an Australian friend of mine sent me two pictures of an Australian moth
>(butterfly?) .
>>Can anybody identify it ? The pictures were made at Cape Trib beach in June
>99.
>
>Have a look at these pictures at
>http://www.schmetterling-raupe.de/capetrib.htm

                                                \   /
Andrew Mitchell                        _____     \ /     _____
Department of Biological Sciences     /     `)_  O^O  _(`     \
CW-405 Biological Sciences Building  /         \( = )/         \
University of Alberta               (           ( = )           )
Canada                                \       / |___| \       /
Phone: (780) 492-0587                   *___~   |___|   ~___*
Fax: (780) 492-9234                              \_/
E-mail: am16 at ualberta.ca                          U