Help with common names

Ian Thirlwell Ian at dunlinclose.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 05:58:00 EST 1999

You could start at the UK Moth Home Page of Ian Kimber at the address below.
It has links to other sites which may help. Note that if a moth has not
occurred within the British Isles it won't necessarily have been given an
English name yet, even if it is a European moth.

http://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/

Ian Thirlwell

<mazzeip at tin.it> wrote in message
news:000001bf3843$8f347fd0$0b00000a at 01.DYN_DOMAIN...
> Hi all.
>
> Where to find on the Web a common (English) name table for the European
> moths? (I need to know the common name of: Watsonarctia deserta,
Malacosoma
> franconicum, Ochrostigma velitaris, Phalera bucephaloides, Cymbalophora
> rivularis, Poecilocampa alpina, Phragmatobia caesarea, Lemonia taraxaci,
> Arctia festiva, Phyllodesma tremulifolia, Parocneria terebinthi,
Gynaephora