Vestal Moth in Norfolk UK

Ian Thirlwell Ian at dunlinclose.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 09:43:27 EDT 1999

R. sacraria have been here in Portsmouth, Hants. I had three one night and
another a couple of nights later in the last week or so. Also Peridroma
saucia (Pearly Underwing), Mythimna albipuncta (White-point), regularly
several Autographa gamma (Silver Y), Plutella xylostella in small numbers,
Udea ferrugalis ditto. Agrotis ipsilon (Dark Sword-grass) has turned up but
not in the last couple of weeks. Nomophila noctuella (Rush Veneer) has been
remarkably scarce - I think I've probably had only 3 or 4 all year in the
trap.

Ian