I.D. night flying Moth?

Neil Reimer nreimer at elele.peacesat.hawaii.edu
Fri Sep 3 22:06:08 EDT 1999

Except for the feathery antennae this sounds like a hummingbird moth
(family Sphingidae).  The different species range in size from 5 or so
inches down to about an inch.  There are somewhere around 125 species in N.
America.  Most fly at dusk.

aloha,
Neil Reimer

Croaton <croaton at aol.com> wrote in article