b-fly releases at events

Cris Guppy & Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Thu Sep 23 01:51:35 EDT 1999

EXAMPLE:
There is one Painted Lady record in British Columbia that appears to
indicate that the butterfly successfully overwintered as an adult. The
capture date is too early for a migrant, but is consistent with other
species that hibernate as adults. Or is it a "school butterfly?" The answer
to this would tell us something about the biology of the species.