Bobwhite quail introduction

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 23 16:12:02 EDT 1999

I don't know about the Bobwhite Quail introduction in New York and
whether it was sportsmen or game departments.

In New Jersey the Bobwhite are raised by commercial farms and released
for hunting on those farms.  They may also be sold to the State for
release on Wildlife Management Areas; I'm not sure about that. Well
sportsmen and game departments play a role, but it is the commercial
farms that raise and release. ---sound familiar.  MIKE GOCHFELD