sick monarchs - Help!!!

Anthony W. Cynor acynor at fullerton.edu
Sat Sep 25 22:10:58 EDT 1999

I have seen this problem with butterflies recently and don't know why it
is happening.  Possibly environmentally related.  If you have a suitable
cage keep them and feed them with split white grapes for a few days and
see if they gain strength.  Sometimes this works and over ripe mango
works also. You may need to uncoil the proboscis with a smooth tooth
pick or small nail to feed them.  They usually begin feeding in 24 to 48
hours.

Best Wishes

Tony